Sunday, July 01, 2007


On our way out of town, we ran into Grandpa Paul at his usual breakfast spot when he's in Wisconsin, the Olympic Cafe.

Grandpa: Well, I survived the wedding.

He was in good spirits last night, playing cards at the reception and telling jokes.

Grandpa: This joke's a little dirty, but I you're all old enough. When does a woman lose her sexual drive? After she cuts the cake. [laughs] That's a good one, I think.

At one point during the reception he came up to me and asked, "Where's your girlfriend?"

I replied, "She's in Chicago."

"Is she rich?"

"No. She's not rich."

"Then get rid of her!" he said, and walked off.


Comments:
oh my god. Stop going to my hometown!!! Just kidding. I don't own it...anymore.

Seriously though, I spent more nights sitting in that very booth at The Olympic in college than you can imagine. The baklava is pretty good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?