Tuesday, July 10, 2007


Working from home today to avoid the heat in the air-conditionless office.

I've used a little of this time to thoroughly investigate the back stairs area. The bird is gone. I hate to say it, but I haven't seen it since I returned from Indiana.

Maybe it's flown away. Or maybe, hopefully, someone else took it in.

Sarah: [via IM] Or it's dead and someone found the body and disposed of it.
Me: Or that.

I'm determined to find out what happened. Partly because I made a big deal out of solving this mystery, and partly because I feel guilty and worried. I guess a real detective would hit the bricks, knock on doors and ask questions. I don't know any of my neighbors, though, and I'm generally nervous about approaching strangers.

Maybe I'll post a sign asking for information with my e-mail address and phone number. Well... with my e-mail address.


Comments:
it all sounds very maltese falcon. not that i know what the maltese falcon was about, or what a falcon really looks like. or what color maltese is. or nationality. or race. or whatever it is.

but i like to think your bird was a maltese falcon.
 
On Wednesday night I saw a "Found Cockatiel" sign in the window of an Andersonville pet store (the world-famous "Ruff N' Stuff"). The sign said that the bird was white, had been found in Ravenswood Manor and that the person wouldn't release it without a description.

When I walked by this morning, the sign had been taken down.

My guess? A bird rapist used the picture from your blog to recover the bird under false pretenses and then raped it to death.

Which makes you, Arnie, accessory to bird rape. If only you had acted sooner.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?