Friday, July 27, 2007


Bits and pieces.

1. Trupe: [looking at menu] Do you think it’s okay if I order something that’s $12?
Wonak: You don’t have to check with me for every little thing.
Trupe: You’re the CFO of this marriage.
Wonak: A $2 difference isn’t going to ruin us.
Trupe: [laughing] I’m trying to save this company!

2. Earlier this summer, NIck was trying to get Meador to apply for a teaching position at his school.

Nick: The school is looking for a Biology teacher for next year - wanna give this teaching thing one last go? I'll be your Ham Radio Club co-head if you want.
Meador: It would be great to work with you, Nico, but I'm committed to nursing school right now.
Nick: Okay, needle time. We could coach baseball together! Oh, and your son, Trent, would be able to attend the school. And we would both buy large TVs and watch them during the summers!!!

3. I knew a guy named Shaun in Arizona. We're not really in touch anymore, but I read his blog sometimes, and I think he reads mine. Reading his blog reminds me of being trapped (in Arizona and in shitty jobs) and feeling like I would never get out. He's had some tough breaks, and, by his own admission, is a bit plagued by his own negativity.

He recently blogged about buying vanity license plates for his car. He bought plates that read, "FAILURE." He wrote on his blog, "I have a fear of failure, so one way of fighting fear is to embrace it."

Two weeks later his plates were stolen.

4. Young: My job title has changed three times since you started this blog. My latest one is Provisioner. I pretty much do exactly the same job as before.

His commercial still hasn't aired.

5. Mom: [via e-mail] A quick Ty story. . . close to Matt & Julie's house is the airport and there was a helicopter. Julie told Ty it was an Army helicopter. Ty thought that she said it was an Arnie helicopter so he named the other one a Ty helicopter.

6. I periodically get e-mails from ex-Jellyvisioner, Mary, saying, "I've decided to make a point of being better about staying in contact with my friends. We should have lunch." Each time I write back, "Let's do it," and then never hear back from her.


Comments:
Of course I read your blog. You were my favorite teacher...of improv.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?