Thursday, June 21, 2007


Went to Waveland Park to watch Jellyvision's softball game against the Runs. To meet the league gender requirements, Jellyvision had to enlist several women, like Thea, that don't work in the office to play on the team. Apparently, it's a struggle every week to make sure there will be enough women at the game.

Thea: [via her blog] I play catcher. I like to think it's because I'm the epitome of team spirit, the mascot, not just because I'm the least-skilled player on the field...I mean, I know I'm the least-skilled player on the field, but I've got so much heart I had to buy a new bra to accommodate the extra lump on my chest. I stand at my post behind the plate, and try to lighten the mood with my random non sequiturs. Most teams enjoy it, or at least silently question why there's a silly loony bin candidate standing behind them talking to herself.

I watched the game sitting next to Allard's nine year old son, who said, "Don't be surprised if they get slaughtered. It tends to happen."

The game started off well, with Jellyvision taking an early lead. Things quickly took a turn for the worse, though. Final score: Jellyvision (6) The Runs (24).

Afterward, the umpire came up to the Jellyvision team and told them they're "the most fun team in the league," and that he'd love to play with them sometime down the road.

Steve-o: Do you know any women?


Comments:
.
We are NOT a bad team. I firmly believe that.

Those guys had MANY heavy home run hitters with girthy shoulders.

This post depresses me. We are not a bad team. SteveO is going to get a swift kick in the nuts the next time I see him.
.
 
I think instead of softball, you need to play Pro Thunderball.
 
I don't think you're a bad team either.

And I don't think Steve-o wants to replace any of the women on the team, just make sure you all have enough women to play.
 
That's not why I was gonna kick him in the nuts. He just needs a good nut kickin' to keep him in line.
 
Thea, all you blog about is how bad a team you are.

Also, you look like Travelocity's next campaign spokeswoman here. Impish, and willing to help me out some low-cost travel deals.
 
.
No way. I chart our victories as much as our losses. Unfortunately our victories have not been as many as our losses. Ryan, you're askin' for a nut kickin'.

I'll take you all on...On a fabulous vacation at a low cost!
.
 
This picture gives me an overwhelming urge to grab Thea, put her in a headlock and give her the noogie she so obviously needs.

Then I'd give her a big hug and take her to Dairy Queen.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?