Monday, April 30, 2007


In what little free time he has between being a lawyer and being a father, Hansen likes to beta test on-line video game worlds (MMORPGs).

Hansen: I like to beta test them so I can play for free. I wouldn't pay to play them.

Last night at Martin's birthday party he was telling me about testing an on-line Star Wars game a few years back.

Hansen: Everyone can't be a Jedi, obviously, so I tried to figure out what the shittiest job was I could get in the game world. A couple people were already exotic dancers, which was what I wanted to be.
Me: Exotic dancers.
Hansen: Yeah. Players come and watch you dance and it restores their health. You know, like what really happens when you watch exotic dancing.

So, since no one else in the game was doing it, Hansen became an on-line hair stylist for Star Wars characters.

Hansen: If you want to change your character's hair you have to go to a barber. People were actually really happy that I started doing it. But it was so boring. Eventually, I went to where characters post bounties on other characters, looking for characters they want to kill. I realized I'd seen a lot of these people because I'd cut their hair. So, I just started informing on my clients. I'd contact the people looking for them and say, "Hey, I just cut their hair. We chatted. They said that this was where they were headed. And this is what their hair looks like now."


Comments:
Hansen,

If you're reading this (and I know you are), I just wanted to say that I miss you. Mind, body and spirit.

Hold me. Like you used.
 
This is one of the geekiest things I've ever read.
 
My girlfriend just broke up with me after hearing that I read this entry. She realized that she was probably too good for me and that I'd be better off finding someone in white body armor.
 
This is exactly why I always do my own haircuts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?