Sunday, May 13, 2007


Mother's Day.

I called Grandma. She seems to be doing the same, still not happy in the nursing home.

Grandma: There's nothing to do. You can't really talk to many people here. One of my old boyfriends is here. Sometimes I sit with him
Me: Oh? Someone you dated before… when you were younger?
Grandma: Yeah. He can't swallow or eat, so he has to have tubes down his throat.

She asked how my job is going.

Grandma: I'd like to read some of your writing sometime. I keep a bunch of your old writing here in a drawer.
Me: Well… it's on the internet. Do they… can you get the internet there? Do they have computers you can use?
Grandma: Huh?
Me: It's on… you can see it on a computer.
Grandma: Does your mom get it?
Me: Yeah.
Grandma: She hasn't sent me any of it.
Me: Well… you can't send it. You can't print it out. It's a game. You have to play it on a computer.
Grandma: Oh. I see. [beat] Are you still in movies?
Me: Movies?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?