Monday, May 14, 2007


Job #13: Charter School Teacher (Cont.)

I helped a little with the student paper at the charter school where I taught. This is a picture of the head administrators column in the second issue of the paper. His first column had been about freedom of speech. "It requires conviction, courage and confrontation and if you don't use it, you will surely lose it." This second column was about smoking. At a full page, though, it included several unusual digressions. For instance, "Four years later (and I claim self defense) I ran away from home after knocking out my guardian and putting his wife in the hospital."

The issue never made it to the students. The head administrator deemed it inappropriate due to a Halloween picture of the male Media Arts teacher wearing a dress.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?