Wednesday, April 25, 2007


Two weekends ago, when Allie and my parents were in town for a volleyball tournament, Sherry was visiting as well. She seemed happy and let me know that she's moving to Chicago in May.

Me: We should get together. At least once a month, let's have lunch at least.
Sherry: Yeah. That would be great.

When she was getting ready to leave I asked her if it would be alright if I took her picture. She said no, even more adamantly than usual.

Sherry: Not after all those mean things you wrote about me in your blog last time.
Me: Really? They weren't meant to be mean.
Sherry: No. No pictures. You had your chance and you blew it.
Me: I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I am really excited about you moving here.
Sherry: Me too.

I went through a similar thing with Mom during my last blog (the breakup one). When she discovered it existed she was not happy and refused to let me take her picture for quite a while. Over time, she's come around, and I know she enjoys reading it.

As Sherry gathered up her things, Mom whispered to me, "If you turned off your flash maybe you could quick get a picture of her without her knowing."

I didn't, though, because I don't want to make her more angry. Then again, here I am, a little over a week later, writing about it anyway.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?