Monday, April 16, 2007


Meador's back from chaperoning a high school trip to Costa Rica.

While there he sent an e-mail listing some of the things he'd done on the trip. "Kayaked in a volcanic lake. Played soccer against Quaker mountain children. Rode a zipline 260 feet above the forest floor for 0.5 km. Found out that I am a millionaire in Costa Rican colones. Picked a cashew off a tree. Stared a howler monkey in the face. Swam in a waterfall. Clandestinely looked at boobs at the beach. Drank Imperial, the official beer of Costa Rica. Dipped my toes in the Pacific. Almost held a tarantula. Lounged in a hot springs. Respected crocodiles. Farted in a mountain stream. Searched a sleazy surfer town for two escaped students. Awkwardly cock-blocked the tour guide as he made advances on a female chaperon."

Meador: Have you ever been to the tropics?
Me: No.
Meador: I loved it. I looked around and thought, I could live here. After I become a nurse, I could do a traveling nurse stint there. It was great.


Comments:
More things Meador did (from his e-mail):

"Rode a horse into a mountain valley and back out.

Eaten rice and beans at every meal.

Fed a coatimundi.

Been engulfed by clouds in the Cloud Forest.

Swung out into the jungle on a precarious tarzan swing.

Got my penis ogled twice by a Costa Rican airport security guard."
 
I hope one of his students doesn't read this...
 
Meador --

This "I"m gonna be a nurse" thing is adorable, but I'll have killed you loooong before then.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?