Saturday, April 28, 2007


1. Dad's night.

The first basketball team my dad coached in Hometown, Ohio ('85-'86 season) was inducted into the county hall of fame. All but two of his players came back for the awards banquet.

Mom: [via e-mail] Lots of funny stories after the banquet. I forgot they used to call Dad "the Terminator." We didn't get home until 12:30.

2. My night.

Chicago Improv Festival after-party at iO. Sarah and I were already in the area, and we were, as Sarah put it, "one beer curious" so we stopped by.

Obligatory name dropping: 3/4 of the Upright Citizen's brigade. A couple SNL cast members. A couple MadTV cast members. In other words, the usual suspects.

I find myself at a party like this about twice a year. I never talk to anyone famous, but it's fun to talk to people I do know and occasionally look over and see, oh, so-and-so is over there.

The after-party turned into a secret after-after party and we somehow stayed out until 5 am.

I bet Dad's night was better.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?