Thursday, April 12, 2007


I know money, generally, is something that isn't talked about, more taboo than sex, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

Illinois Tax Owed: $1,423
Federal Tax Owed: $14,766

More than I'd hoped to pay, less than I'd feared. So, pretty much what I'd expected. And I'm prepared to pay it.

Still, sealing that envelope and dropping that envelope with that check into the mail... it's hard. It's like sending a love letter to someone you know doesn't love you back.


Comments:
That seems OBSCENE. How much money did you make last year?
I am an "actor," and an "independent contractor" for office work when it comes to my tax return, and I don't owe nearly that much. But then, I make an amount close to the poverty level(isn't poverty around $12,000 or so? I make a few more thousand than that).
Can't believe you saved that much money. Sounds like you're all grown up and shit. :D
Congratulations on paying your taxes. I'm almost done filing, myself.

Mike S. from Brooklyn
 
Dude, you need a new tax preparer. That's ridiculous. I'll give you my guy's number tomorrow. He'll set you up.

Wait, you don't have a problem pretending you're a 90 year old Ukranian woman, do you?
 
Good GOD man!

That's...obscene.

But also, I'm impressed at your money saving will power. There's no way in hell I'd be able to save that money.
 
Well, thankfully you won't have to worry about this next year, now that the contracting is over. Although I've learned the hard way in past years that the goverment frowns on not paying quarterly. I guess they would rather rape you lightly four times a year than hard just once.

It chaffs, you know.
 
TAXES! Please keep writing about taxes...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?