Monday, April 02, 2007


Every year for April Fools Day (or the Friday or Monday before or after) Poland's TV and camera gets put someplace "funny." Last year he spent the day in the refrigerator. Supposedly the year before that he was in the bathroom.

The plan this year, was to put him in Krull, the office across the hall. Allard talk to them a week earlier, they agreed to do it. But then, today, at the last minute, they changed their minds and said they were too busy. (KRULL!!!!!!!)

So we were left to scramble for an idea in a short period of time. We decided to point his camera outside, across the street. Then we decided to use a couple chairs, a desk, a coat tree and a computer monitor to set a fake office up across the street. Chris and Allard volunteered to be the "outside office" workers. We rushed to get it all set up in ten minutes time.

And we got it ready just in time. Except that when Poland tried to call in, it didn't work. Something wasn't hooked up correctly. So we ran around trying to get it fixed, as Poland became more and more suspicious.

Poland: [via IM] You guys are moving the TV someplace wacky and you need to cover the moving time. Am I right?
Me: Adam is going to replace the cord. He seems to think the cord has gone bad. [this was actually true]
Poland: Bad cord, my ass. Either they're moving my TV to the basement, or the roof... not the bathroom again.... uh, sound booth? Of course, there's the kitchen. Dishwasher? Hello? Hmm.. this IM must have a bad cord too.

When we finally got it to work, it was a bit anti-climactic. Poland could see Chris and Allard across the street, but not well.

Poland: It just looks like a scene where something horrible is about to happen. It kind of seems like the April Fools joke is on them.
Me: They've been out there for a half an hour so far.
Poland: No one should say anything. See how long they last.


Comments:
KRULL!!!!!
 
I love how everyone is all worked up over scheduling everyone's time to the second now, and there you clowns are, pissing away probably a good hour and a half setting up a crappy April Fool's day prank. No wonder we don't get any bonuses.
 
I actually saw this happening. I work near you, and so does Tony. I was on my way to meet him for lunch with a coworker in her HUGE white buick. we drove by and i said " Hey I know that guy! He does a blog about his work! I didnt realize his work was so close to mine!" My coworker said " Really? I want to work there, that looks fun!" She looked at your website that night, but didn't find anything she was qualified for. Anyway... the Chipotle lunch we had was great.
 
We actually mostly do work work. We don't set fake offices up outside very often at all.
 
Please let me know when you are going to take a picture for your blog, so I can suck in my gut. No, wait. That was part of my "I'm pregnant" April fools joke.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?