Tuesday, April 17, 2007


Lunch with Jeanine. Her band, the 1900s, was just announced as being on the line-up for this summer's Lollapalooza.

Jeanine: It's exciting, but the next four months are going to be crazy. There's so much to do and no guarantee that it'll amount to anything. With all this publicity coming up, we've been told we have to be careful about our "public image." What image we put across this summer is what the band will be identified as. Like, forever. It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile she has $16 in her bank account and is contemplating moving into a new apartment where she'd have to share a bedroom to make ends meet.

Jeanine: I can't really afford to go on tour, but I can't not go on tour right now. I guess I'll just have to downsize my life more.

Afterwards I took this picture.

Me: How's this? You okay with this picture?
Jeanine: Sure. I don't care.
Me: Your public image! You have to be thinking about your public image!
Jeanine: Oh shit!


Comments:
I can see by the reflection that the ass of her pants is cut out. Public image indeed....
 
See the mountains kiss high Heaven
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea -
What is all this sweet work worth
If thou kiss not me?

W.E.
Your move Dale
 
How cute is Jeanine? (rhetorical question, she is VERY cute) Does she have a significant other?
 
If the image the band is going for is adorable than all she needs is a string of kittens to wear around her neck.
Live kittens.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?