Friday, April 06, 2007


Tomorrow is Harry's birthday. Harry is the founder and CEO. Amanda sent Nate out to get cupcakes for the occasion.

Nate: I hate having to drive Amanda's car. It's terrifying. She hands over the keys and says, "You break it, you buy it."

The cupcakes were very good, with huge dollops of frosting.

Harry: These are for me? You didn't have to buy these for me.
Amanda: Well, I didn't buy them.
Harry: Oh, I bought them. I see.

Apparently, two years ago everyone got Harry a cake with a flowchart on it, designed in the style of the company's main programing tool.

Harry: It was really great. Somebody's probably got a picture of it somewhere.
Me: But if it had a flowchart on it, wouldn't pictures of your cake technically be considered classified proprietary information?
Harry: Yeah, I guess they would.


Comments:
Evan wrote on his blog, "Last Friday we had cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B’s brought into the office for the founder of the company’s birthday. The cupcakes are ridiculous-good, but, alas, quite leavened, and thus a no-go during Passover. Passover ends tonight, and last I checked there was one cupcake left. Let’s hope it lasts until tomorrow morning!"

I read this entry shortly after... well... shortly after eating the last cupcake left over in the kitchen. Sorry Evan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?