Sunday, April 08, 2007


Waking up this morning, hearing from outside a friendly beep-beep of car horns every few seconds, I knew that, like last year, someone was dressed up like the Easter Bunny in front of the bar across the street.

Job #15: Promotional Work (cont.)

I've had to dress in costumes before for odd jobs, and frankly, it's not that bad. Some people may find it humiliating to dress in, say, a giant ear costume, but I think there are a lot of jobs that are a lot worse. Like, for instance, standing next to the person dressed as a giant ear. The person next to the giant ear has to hand out things, explain things, deal with problems. The giant ear just has to wave and be a giant ear. Children love the giant ear. Adults are at least bemused by the giant ear. The person standing next to the giant ear is probably trying to sell you something and should be distrusted. It's so much more fun to be the bait than the switch.


Comments:
As someone who has been a giant TiVo, Peapod, and high school mascot, I completely agree.
 
I really need an ear costume. Have you any idea how to get one??? I can be reached at joan@storyhole.com
Thansk
 
I need an ear costume as well. If you can share any information about the product or company promoting their wares with a giant ear, I'd appreciate learning its name. Please email me at jburgess@21chc.com. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?