Saturday, March 24, 2007


Last night was Otis' last show at iO.

The suggestion from the audience was, "rebel flag." Among other things, Joe played a man forced to sell his cranberry farm, I played a young boy who found out that if he doodled swastikas on his textbooks he got a lot of attention at school, and Shotts played a man named Evil Thompson.

It was a good show. Last shows are usually good, something in the air makes things a little funnier, but my biased opinion is that it was good even by last show standards.

Afterwards we all went out drinking until pretty late. Conversation, of course, kept circling back to the show. We'd repeat some funny line or character, or just say, "You know what, that was a good show. That was a good show." And everyone knew that by morning the show would be just a memory.

Sarah took this picture during the show for me. I honestly don't know what we're doing at this moment. Is it the part where we were all slaves building a pyramid? Is it the part where we transformed into Truckasaurus? I don't think it's either of those things, but, again, I can't for the life of me remember this part of the show. I bet it was funny.

It may not look like much, but, like with most improv shows, I guess you just had to be there.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?