Saturday, March 17, 2007


Shelly shows off a picture of Seigfried and Roy on her phone.

She flew in from Vegas for the weekend and performed in Otis's second to last improv show at iO.

Shelly: I have a friend who says that every job eventually turns into McDonalds. Whatever it is, no matter how great it is, eventually it's like working at McDonalds. I mean... things about working in Vegas aren't great sometimes, but I want to prove him wrong. Let's prove him wrong.

Later she talked about the possibility of her working for Cirque de Soleil.

Shelly: I had an hour long interview with them where I'd say things like, "I know how improv can save Cirque du Soleil." That's crazy!

Maybe not so crazy. Cirque has offered her a job as an acting coach for one of their shows. Commitments to her current job, performing at Second City Las Vegas, may stop her from taking it, though.

Shelly: We'll have to figure out if I can do both. Probably not. Who knows. Scheduling. [beat] Cirque de Soleil! Isn't that crazy?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?