Friday, February 23, 2007


Jarecki: Well, that warms my heart. A rival AC/DC tribute band just lost their drummer and they e-mailed me, asking if I was interested.

Jarecki plays drums for Downpour, which, according to their website, is "America's Best AC/DC Tribute", "The Nation's Greatest Tribute to AC/DC", and "The Ultimate AC/DC Tribute Band."

Me: Are there many AC/DC tribute bands around here?
Jarecki: There have been quite a few, yeah. More than you would think. And things aren't always cordial. I don't know why. We all kind of cover different territories, different parts of Illinois.


Comments:
I wonder what Jarecki thinks of Hayseed Dixie?
 
No kidding? I went to high school with Jarecki. We were in Academic Bowl together. Smart guy.
Downpour has come a long way since the Burlington Central High School Talent Show.
 
in california, there's an all-female ac/dc cover band called... wait for it... ac/d-she.

they're actually pretty good.
 
In high school, my friends taped a Back In Black poster to the front of my car - somehow it took a week for me to notice. (And I wondered why all these people were honking and flashing me the rock-and-roll sign)

The resulting nickname, Lacy/DC, never stuck like I hoped it would.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?