Thursday, February 22, 2007


While researching random things for potential Jack questions, I came across a description of work designations beyond the traditional blue collar and white collar. "BLACK COLLAR for those working in 'creative' industries and the media, or those in industrial jobs like mining."

Yesterday, the first day after my "lucky year" came to an end, Amanda called me into her office and offered me an official longterm position at Jellyvision (as opposed to being a contract worker).

Amanda: Take some time. Think about it.
Me: [jokily whispering] I'll probably say yes.

Today, I accepted. I'm officially black collar.

Amanda: Do you feel different now? Less tenuous. Have you been walking around asking "What does it all mean?"
Me: No. But I've stopped working entirely. Being an employee has really negatively effected my productivity.
Amanda: Really? Awesome.


Comments:
Wait, what if you're a coal-mining robot who turns tricks at home for extra money?

This collar system is WACK.
 
Congratulations! If anyone deserves to be making funny things for a living, it is you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?