Monday, February 05, 2007


I still don't have much contact with my ex-fiancee, N. None, really. I sent her an e-mail after my last blog ended and she responded that it was good to hear from me, but that she still isn't ready to talk. As I've said before, she's probably right that it's for the best.

Sometimes it's tough, though, knowing that she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis shortly after we broke up and not knowing how she's doing.

Someone sent me a newspaper article from the university where N is getting her Phd. The article was critical of the insurance offered to graduate students, especially when it comes to prescription drugs. It reported that N's MS medication costs her about $23,000 a year. "The costs," it reads, "were significant enough that she had to consider either quitting her graduate teaching assistantship to go on state medical assistance or to not take her medications and continue in her educational and teaching endeavors."

The part about N is sort of a minor blip in the overall article. That's all it really says. It doesn't share what she decided to do, or if some other option presented itself. I know how much she wants to be a teacher, though, and I hope she hasn't had to give that up.


Comments:
Thank you for sharing this.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?