Saturday, January 06, 2007


Just like last year, I decided to go to Goldies for my birthday. I sent out e-mails telling people to stop by and have a few beers with me if they were free.

This is what I saw when I walked into Goldies.

None of it was for me. Apparently someone else had rented out the place for a private party. Someone's 40th birthday. If you look closely you can see stacks of pizzas on a table in the back.

I sent out text messages to anyone I thought might be showing up and hiked across the street to Grizzlies to have my party there. Despite the confusion, a number of people showed up and had a good time.

There was no cake.


Comments:
Looks like instant cake karma really bit you in the ass.
 
Does it count as "instant" if it waits to be explained before it strikes?
 
Looks like we know what/where to rent for YOUR 40th birthday. Next year.
 
Don't question Instant Cake Karma, Chris. You might find your tires slashed.
 
And oddly enough, now I have to wait until I buy a car for that reprisal.

crap.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?