Friday, January 05, 2007


Tomorrow I'll be 31. At work everyone went out to lunch for my birthday. We usually do this for people's birthdays when we can. Sometime the company pays for lunch, sometimes they don't. We usually don't know which it's going to be until the check comes. You can usually notice some of us looking around, wondering, "Are we paying? Are they paying? What's going on?"

This time we paid. Or, rather, everyone but me payed.

Sarah: Did you get a cake?
Me: Uh... actually, yeah. Steve-o ran out and bought one in the afternoon. I'm not a big cake eater, but it was nice.
Sarah: Yeah. Everyone deserves a cake on their birthday.
Me: But wait... I didn't get you a cake on your birthday.
Sarah: Oh, that's okay.
Me: Did you want one?
Sarah: It doesn't matter.
Me: But for future reference...
Sarah: Everyone deserves a cake on their birthday.
Me: Oh man...


Comments:
happy birthday, asshole. oh and happy birthday to you too, shitbox.
 
Happy birthday! I'm not sure someone who is not a big cake eater deserves that cake.
 
Happy Birthdau Arnie (that was a typo, but after looking at it a while I decided to leave it, its German).
Oh and on New Year's Day Andrea and I were out to dinner and I saw a young man wearing the t-shirt you wrote, the super hero one. Six degrees man.
-Josh
 
Whoa, your birthday is one day after mine! Happy Birthday Arnie!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?