Tuesday, January 16, 2007


You'd never guess it, but Michele had three pulmonary embolisms late last year. She seems to be doing well now, but has to take some precautions, like sending out an office-wide e-mail alerting us about what stuff to look for and what to do if something happens. "I was told to pass along the following information to the people I 'spend the most time with.' Unfortunately, that's you."

We're supposed to watch for blue lips, hives, inability to speak and excessive drooling. (Michele: Key word - excessive.)

She wrote, "DO use the automated external defibrillator (Amanda's bathroom) if there is no heart beat. DO start CPR if necessary (please see if someone other than Chris will volunteer). Oh, and if it comes up, I'm an organ donor..."

I asked if she'd mind if I took a picture of her medic alert bracelet.

Michele: I got the necklace, not the bracelet. I don't like bracelets. But it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, so I ordered the bracelet. Let me get the necklace. I've been keeping it in my backpack.
Me: You shouldn't be keeping it in your backpack, should you?
Michele: Yeah, yeah... okay Mom.

After a few minutes of rummaging...

Michele: ... I can't find it.
Me: That's not good.
Michele: Uh... no.


Comments:
I want to go on record as saying that rarely do I guess ANYONE would have three pulmonary embolisms late last year.
 
And I feel stupid because I guessed 4. SO CLOSE!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?