Friday, January 26, 2007


We have a new programmer in the office. Her name is Amanda. To avoid confusion with the other Amanda it became an official point of office business to come up with a suitable nickname. The best we've come up with so far is incorporating her middle name, calling her Amanda Lee. But, as Amanda pointed out, "My middle name is Leigh too. Just spelled differently."

Whenever someone in the office calls out, "Amanda" there is a noticeable pause as everyone waits to hear if it will be followed by "Lee." It's a work in progress.

When I introduced myself to Amanda Lee she mentioned that she had read my blog.

Amanda Lee: If you google 'working at Jellyvision' it comes up. I got a peak at the place before I started.
Me: You're the second new person to mention they've seen my blog. So if people are searching for information on Jellyvision it definitely comes up. Is that a bad thing?
Amanda (The Other Amanda, The Boss Amanda): Not really. You don't discuss _____________. It's okay to make fun of the dumb stuff we do around the office. We're people.


Comments:
I agree, the blog is harmless. However, I think your blog would be a lot more interesting if you *did* talk about the child slavery and organ trafficking.
 
.
I'm impressed that Lacy was able to type that comment. You know, because her thumbs were cut off...FOR SOME REASON.
.
 
Jellyvision is the kindest, smartest, bravest man I have ever known in my entire life.
 
Soylant Green is also people.
 
Here is a fun/scary comment: I think Sarah and the new Amanda both went to my high school. You should ask them! NTHS? Ah, the suburbs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?