Friday, December 29, 2006


Sometimes there's work, sometime there's not. Some contracts continue. Others end. A few more people trickle out the door. It's the nature of the business, I guess.

Today was Shane's last day.

Shane: I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this job saved my life. It got me back on a writing path. It reminded me I can be creative.

Shane left a very stable hotel job to come work with us, knowing it was a gamble if there would be enough work to keep him on over time. Sadly, to everyone's dismay, there wasn't. But Shane already has another job lined up as an editor out in the suburbs. "The old resume is looking better and better."

He sent out a goodbye e-mail that ended, "So, to avoid getting maudlin, I'll just say thank you, and look forward to the time when our paths cross again. Because that's what paths do." He also left me his 'World Almanac 2006.'


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?