Saturday, December 23, 2006


The entire family took Grandma Anne out to Applebees for an early Christmas lunch.

Me: Do they do much in the nursing home for Christmas?
Grandma: I had my picture taken with Santa Claus. He came around. When you're in a place where everyone's my age, they have to come up with all kinds of monkey-stuff for you do to.

Grandma Anne usually comes carrying some kind of newspaper clipping. This time it was a wedding announcement for the son of a rich man Mom had dated before she met Dad.

Dad: Your mother's old boyfriend. I see.
Mom: [laughing] That was a long long time ago. I've let that one go.
Dad: Well, Doris, you should know that one of the old ladies at the nursing home said I was a "handsome man." Isn't that right, Anne-Marie? What was her name? The one in the wheelchair who said I was handsome?
Grandma: Oh, she likes all men.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?