Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Back near the end of the educational project, we spent an afternoon doodling pictures that were supposed to look like self-portraits drawn by children. This is the one I drew. Fire. River of blood. Screaming. It was a joke. A reaction to how censored we were, working on an educational project (I spent an entire day taking out all the farts and burps which the client had decided at the last minute wouldn't be appropriate for school children). Also we were working pretty long hours at the time and I was feeling burnt out.

Obviously, it didn't make it into the final product. But I did tack it up over my desk.

It's been a busy two weeks at work. A lot of late nights. I've already missed three rehearsals and a show. But this is the job... and even a job that I like.

Still, if my mind ever snaps, I imagine this picture will start talking to me.


Comments:
And it will say, "I LOVE YOUNG!"
 
Today Amanda asked me if this blog entry was a "cry for help."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?