Sunday, December 10, 2006


Had a read-through with my sketch comedy group, The Backrow, for our upcoming Sketchfest show. We ate sandwiches, looked over scripts and ate mouth-staining candy canes.

Meador: Sorry I'm late guys. Someone stuck a bunch of adhesive rat traps all over my car. The glue kinds.
Katie: That's horrible.
Nick: Rat traps? Was it some kind of message? Have you ratted anyone out?

This is the sixth year of Sketchfest and the sixth year of the Backrow. Before that, most of the cast performed together in college (I'm the only person in the group that didn't go to the U of I).

Trupe: We've been performing together for ten years now. Wow.

And now, ten years in, most of the cast is married (many of them to each other) and it's not unusual for there to be a baby or small child at rehearsal. We do less shows each year because it's harder and harder to get everyone together. We're growing up.

Nick and Katie brought their daughter, Jane, to rehearsal. While reading through the scripts we had to be careful to "watch our language" around Jane. We didn't want her to pick up any new words. Mostly she seemed disinterested in the sketches, although, during a sketch involving a "trail of turds" she did have a rare post-potty training accident in her tights.


Comments:
I really can't get over that Jane. I think she is my favorite little person.
 
That photo is beautiful.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?