Monday, December 04, 2006


I took this picture last Christmas.

My Grandpa Paul (Retired), my father's father, remarried a few years back to a woman named Betty (Retired). They didn't seem to have much in common besides having recently lost spouses and going to church (where, I believe, they met). But you never really know the inner workings of other people's relationships, least of all your grandparents. And he deserves the comfort of having someone around the house, someone to sit next to him while he hands out Christmas presents to the grandchildren.

Grandpa Paul has had his health problems on and off over the last year, thankfully recovering each time. Betty, sadly, passed away over the weekend. I only met her a few times, but she seemed very sweet.


Comments:
I'm sorry to hear about Betty...

I absolutely love this picture.
 
Arnie, are all of those children yours?
 
I'm sorry for your Grandfather's loss Arnie.
-Josh
Hope you're well, and staying warm.
Happy Holidays.
-Andrea
*snort* *chew* *cough*
-Auggie
 
That's too bad, Arnie. My sympathies.
 
I'm so sorry and also your grandpa lives in my hometown I think. Is he from Stevens Point, WI? I saw her obit in our local paper online.

and I'm not creepily researching your life I'm creepily obsessed with local obituaries.

still creepy,
Crescent
 
He splits his year between Ohio and Wisconsin.

If you're out of Point, you're out of town.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?