Friday, November 24, 2006


Brett and Natasha both work from home.

"I spend a good part of my work day doing this," Brett whispered over a noise machine, bouncing up and down on a fitness ball, working at his computer, Harper bjorned to his chest.

Later we talked about memory, and the idea that some people claim to remember things from when they were babies. Brett is a bit of a skeptic, but said, "Her brain is taking in so much information, processing it, storing it... I believe it can stay in there somewhere." I conceded it's possible, but I think our brains are more likely to trick us than anything else.

Me: [leaning my face in close to Harper's] Remember this. Remember this moment.
Brett: We'll find out if it works in seven years. Seven years seems like a good amount of time, right?

Then I told her a secret phrase to remember. We debated changing the phrase to something else, something less stupid, but ultimately decided to stick with what we had. In seven years we'll see if it worked.


Comments:
I really hope that yellow and blue thing on his desk isn't a device to pump out breast milk.
 
Nope. the sleepy pink thing in the baby bjorn is the device to pump out breast milk.
 
WHAT IS THE PHRASE??? As her mother I have a right to know. Also, what's anonymous' problem with devices to pump out breast milk?
 
i totally have that desk. ikea is amazing. and i also sit on a stability ball to sit at that desk. creepy....
 
With so many other things in common between us, anonymous, I'd be on the lookout for an adorable baby to show up strapped to your chest.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?