Monday, November 20, 2006


Sarah's last day in Chicago. This is her digital camera with something shattered inside the display. The display, in case you didn't know, is the most expensive part to replace, more or less costing the price of the camera.

This is the 10101st picture I have taken with my own digital camera. I know this, because the camera keeps a tally, numbering each picture and keeping it somewhere deep within its code. Maybe someday everything will have it's own internal odometer, so we'll be able to quantify everything. ("Hmm... I'm eating my 679th bowl of Future Cereal.")

This is also the last picture I took with my digital camera. Sarah didn't want me to buy her a new one, so I bought myself a new one and gave her my old one. As romantic gestures go, it's not that grand, but it'll work.

"Hey," Sarah said, taking pictures of herself with my old (her new) camera, "I'm pretty good at taking pictures with this."

[Today, I received this text message from my friend, Brett (Web Designer), in L.A. "I just saw Morgan Freeman walking down Franklin playing a flute and walking a chihuahua. I swear to god."

I'm heading to L.A. for the Thanksgiving weekend.]


Comments:
Awesome.
(mostly the camera thing, but a little principal Joe Clark thing as well)
happy.
 
I just involuntarily AWWWWW-ed. Good job being a boyfriend.
 
Your old one had pretty good lowlight visabiltiy but some grain issues. Can't wait to see what this one produces!
 
Future Cereal sucks. It's mostly irradiated granola and durable but lightweight plastics. At least it has my daily allowance of O2. The atmosphere has thinned out here considerably.
 
Damn. I lost the betting pool. I had Young as your 10101st picture.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?