Tuesday, November 07, 2006


Drinks after my weekly Otis rehearsal. Lauren (Early Childhood Teacher) and Shotts (Marketing Coordinator) talked about wanting to travel across the country as grifters.

Lauren: We'll use our "charm."
Shotts: I'll be in charge of the old ladies.
Lauren: And I'll be in charge of the mens. [beat] And some ladies.
Shotts: We'll get old timey suitcases and I'll wear a hat.
Me: And one of you will accidentally kill the other one.
Shotts: Exactly.

We left early because everyone had to work in the morning.


Comments:
don't forget about my bonnet!

i'll wear a bonnet.

a nice one.
 
From an e-mail exchange the next day-

Lauren: we made it! (it's the "charm"TM) i got a flu shot and a tb test.
Shotts: You finally went to the doctor? GOOD. Soak it up while you still have insurance. When we're grifting, we won't be quite so lucky. We'll have to get bullet wounds cleaned up by veterinarians and stuff like that. I've been working on my "Southern Barrister" dialect all morning. It's getting good.
 
Ahhh!!!! Shotts' ghost is trying to kill Lauren!
 
Seriously. That picture is like "The Serpent and the Rainbow", but with White People.
 
Hippity hop little rabbit
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?