Thursday, October 26, 2006


I was talking to Evan, one of the programmers, about long distance relationships.

Evan: You two should play World of Warcraft together on-line. I'm just saying, some couples do it.

He forwarded me an ESPN article from a few years back about two baseball players, Doug Glanville and Curt Schilling, who play Everquest on-line together. They used to play together for the Phillies until Schilling was traded. During Schilling's first game against the Phillies Glanville hit two home runs off Schilling.

After the game, when asked how he was able to hit those two home runs, Glanville reportedly said, "We used to play video games together. He killed one of my characters one time. I never forgot that. Schill was playing his character, Cylc, and he asked me to team up with him in Faydwer, in the zone of the Butcherblock Mountains, to kill Aviaks, which are basically walking birds." Midbattle, Schillinger abandons Glanville's character. Glanville's character dies. "I vowed revenge on the soul of Bingbong, for the negligent actions of Cylc."

I'm visiting Boston this weekend to see Sarah.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?