Monday, October 16, 2006


This is an out-of-focus picture from last February, the day the new writers (myself included) got Jellvision hats. As I mentioned before, the new project involves significantly less people, so there are a number of people not around anymore. I'm the only one in the picture still here.

People read each other's blogs. Someone could look at this blog and see, oh, Arnie's back. Chris is back. Shane is back. Why not me?

And people at work can read the blogs of people who are no longer here.

Mary wrote in her blog, "I miss my old job. It seems like I'm the only one out of the group I was hired with who's not there anymore. I feel like the kid who wasn't asked to play and I want to play more than anything. It's an awful feeling and I'm afraid I did something wrong, somewhere along the line. Funny, because I tried so hard to do it all right."

Thea has begun temping and her blog is pretty blunt about the experience. "It was like going through a school bus back to your fucking cubicle (the seats were so crammed together) and my soul was stabbed with rusty rapist forks. I doodled on a piece of notebook paper for an amazing amount of time as I waited for my supervisor to tell me how 'interesting market research was.'"


Comments:
Dear Blog,

Two bad things happened to me today. Arnie used that ugly picture of me again on his blog where I look like caveman trucker. And I still fuck up my verb tenses and need to be edited more than most writers.
 
Who's the caveman trucker in that picture?
 
THOR MAD!! AAAR!! BIG RIG!
 
Caveman truckers are totally hot.
 
More.

Kathy, one of the Educational Consultants, wrote on her blog, "I miss my job. On the blog of one of my former co-workers (where I lurk because, even though everyone was very nice to me, I feel like I was too much of a dorky mom outsider to keep in touch with the 'cool' kids) she expresses how, she too, misses the place and that it kinda hurts that they kept some people around, but not her. Plus, one of the writers who was kept on has a blog devoted to the job, so I get to lurk there and see pictures of the place and people and be all wistful and jealous. I'm such a case."
 
But thanks in no small part to my Jellyvision experience, I've landed two little freelance gigs and have a promising interview next week. The other writers are so incredibly talented, I'm sure they'll all find something soon. I'm still sad I didn't get a hat though. *sniff*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?