Tuesday, October 10, 2006


This morning, Amanda stood at my desk and held this picture in my face.

Allard: Who the fuck is that?
Amanda: What do you mean who the fuck is that? It's Taylor Hicks!

Amanda was gone a few days on a business trip. One of the dinners ended with a surprise performance by Taylor Hicks, the most recent American Idol winner.

Amanda: The room was made up of 400 people who had no idea who he was, 50 who didn't care, and me at the front table yelling, "Taylor! Woo!" So, that was day one.
Me: That was just day one?
Meyer: On day two she went to the moon and had lunch with Eisenhower.


Comments:
This morning, Amanda stood at my desk and said, "What you wrote wasn't as funny as how I said it."
 
I think Arnie looks like Taylor Hicks.
 
Mom: [via e-mail] I'm envious of Amanda. . . I'd have recognized Taylor Hicks. He was my favorite on American Idol last season. Now on Dancing with the Stars I'm rooting for Mario Lopez, Emmet Smith, and surprisingly Jerry Springer!?!?!
 
I agree, Arnie does look like Taylor Hicks. I think it's the intense eyebrows and the unimpressed expression.
 
Arnie does not look like Taylor Hicks. Taylor is missing the 'I have too much to brood about so I can't shave' half-beard.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?