Sunday, October 08, 2006


While she's living in Boston, Sarah is storing several things in my apartment, including a complete collection of the works of Charles Dickens. I was looking at them today and came across 'Hard Times', which I had been assigned to read in college, but never finished. I don't remember much about it besides that it dealt with class and that the factory workers were referred to as "Hands."

I flipped to the last page and read the last paragraph. "Dear reader! It rests with you and me whether, in our two fields of action, similar things shall be or not. Let them be! We shall sit with lighter bosoms on the hearth, to see the ashes of our fires turn grey and cold."

Okay then. Well, now I know how it ends.


Comments:
Thanks a LOT, Arnie. Guess I don't need to read Hard Times now. Jerk.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?