Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Poland works in the television set next to my desk. He lives in Michigan and telecommutes every day from his basement. It occurred to me that Poland sort of has a long distance relationship with his job.

Poland: I'm used to it. The old lady and I had a long distance relationship for five years. I was in LA and she was in grad school. It's in my blood.
Me: Is it similar at all, having a long distance relationship with your job?
Poland: It's similar in that, when we finally get together in person, it's kind of awkward for a while. But it's not like I have to fight the desire to work for other companies while we're apart.

I dropped Sarah off at the airport this morning before coming in to work. It was nice to have her here in person and it's sad, the thought of going back to just talking to her on the phone. I don't really like talking on the phone. I'm not good at it.

Poland: It's definitely a challenge. It helped that I was totally depressed while living in LA and the phone calls were my only salvation.
Me: I enjoy talking to her, I just find that I'm kind of done before she is...
Poland: Isn't that always the way.
Me: [laughing] That sounded odd.
Poland: Maybe you should email her for awhile beforehand, just to warm her up.


Comments:
who's that handsome guy in the background?
 
I don't know who that guy is but it looks like he's in a long distance relationship. And following Poland's advice.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?