Sunday, October 01, 2006


Among the people who came to Young's birthday party last night were Marc (Lead Archivist) and Joe (Unemployed), who I perform with in the improv group Otis. Marc has decided to do Sober October, which means no drinking for the month of October. He's added to that no smoking, no caffeine, no meat and no television.

With an hour to go before midnight, Joe decided he would do Sober October too. I thought about joining as well until I remembered an upcoming work party. It's hard to pass up an open bar.

The waitress, who was bringing the meat and beers that Marc was downing with a pre-Lenten gusto, thought it was a horrible idea. "A whole month?" she said. "Why? I do Take It Easy Thursdays and that's enough for me."

Me: Have you ever been able to go the whole month?
Marc: Oh yeah. I always do it. Well... once I decided not to do it at all right at midnight, but otherwise, yeah.
Joe: What about Halloween?
Marc: Halloween's in November. You didnt know that? In America, the months have thirty days. October 31st is actually part of November. Not many people know that.
Joe: I don't really drink much on Halloween.
Marc: Oh I will.


Comments:
Wait... what work party?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?