Saturday, September 23, 2006


Walking home after performing in two improv shows, I got a text message from my Whirled News Tonight castmate, Glynn (Assistant Property Manager), that he was at a bar talking to a girl named Sherry, who grew up in Ohio.

It took several text messages back and forth to realize a.) this was Sherry, my sister. b.) she's in town without telling me. c.) this isn't a joke. d.) seriously, I'm not kidding this girl is a friend of a coworker of my roommate and she is your sister!

So, I met them at the bar where Sherry (Project Manager) and I briefly, awkwardly caught up.

Sherry: [to everyone at the table expectantly watching us] We see each other about once a year.

I tried to figure out if I was overstaying my welcome. Sherry seemed to not be having a very good time. Was I ruining her evening? Sherry's always been somewhat quiet and disinterested, but I've never known if that's just the way she is around the family or if that's the way she always is.

Me: [to Glynn] This is going to sound like a weird question, but... did Sherry seem to be having a better time before I showed up?
Glynn: Um... no? When she was in the bathroom her friend said that Sherry is "the girl that always looks like she's ready to leave."

I'd like to think that she's happier when I don't see her, if only because I'd like to think of her as happier.

Sherry doesn't like to have her picture taken but after several tries she finally agreed on a picture that didn't have to be deleted immediately.

Me: [giving Sherry a hug as she was leaving] It was a pleasant surprise to see you. I love ya.
Sherry: Okay.


Comments:
Has anyone else noticed Arnie's sisters are real pretty? Simmer down, Arnie. You're pretty too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?