Thursday, September 21, 2006


About a month ago, as my old contract was ending my mom e-mailed, "Tell Amanda if she doesn't fire you, I'll send her Dietsch's chocolates!?!?!?"

My Mom is good to her word so I delivered those chocolates today. This was good timing because it happens to be Amanda's birthday. Everyone in the office went to Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse, to celebrate.

Bob: So how old are you now? 29 again?
Amanda: That's not what I said. I said I'm 32 again. And I will continue to be 32.
Me: So, how old would a lesser person be at this point? 34?
Amanda: Did you not hear me? Do you not understand? Do I have to fire you?


Comments:
What the fogo is that horrid tube-like monstrosity in the middle of the table?! It looks like an engorged planarian or a grilled rhino schvantz. You people will eat anything.
 
Oooo. Can I guess? Fried plantains?
 
They're actually fried bananas. And a delicious accompaniment to all that meat.

Plantains are more dense and starchy.
 
By the way, crabbydaddy, forgot to say how much I appreciate the first planarian reference outside of a biology classroom I've experienced in a very very long time. thank you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?