Sunday, September 17, 2006


Went out to brunch yesterday with friends. I brought a Netflix movie (Hustle and Flow) with me, thinking I'd drop it into a mailbox on the way back. At the restaurant, I stuck it under my chair. Later, when I got up to leave, it was gone.

Nick: Did you look everywhere for it?
Me: I looked around. The envelopes are hard to miss. They're bright red rectangles.
Nick: Yeah, I know what they look like.

We walked to Young's car... or rather, the spot where Young's car had been.

Young: Shit! Shit! Did my car get towed?
Nick: ...Cubs game.
Me: They must have towed all these cars.
Young: Wait... is that my car across the street? Would they have towed it to the other side of the street?
Me: I don't think they'd have any incentive to do that.
Nick: Yeah, maybe they towed your car back to your apartment.
Young: Shit! I've got to call and figure out where they took my car. Fuck!
[long pause]
Nick: So... how was Hustle and Flow?
Me: Good.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?