Wednesday, September 13, 2006


Went out to dinner at Las Tablas with Tom (Copywriter), a friend from high school and college. The dinner was his belated 30th birthday dinner (very belated... his birthday was in June... I'm a bad friend).

Tom: At work there's this guy and he'll make jokes that don't make sense, but he'll keep telling them. The other day he said, "We should put up a sign that says, 'The _________ Report Will Be Done Tomorrow.' And I said, "Um... oh... you mean, like an 'On the Air' sign?" "No, like in a bar where they have signs that say, 'Free Beer Tomorrow'." I didn't know what to say so I just turned back around to my computer.
Me: Wait. 'Free Beer Tomorrow'? That doesn't make any sense.
Tom: It kind of makes sense, I guess. As if the _________ report is always going to be done "tomorrow."
Me: Oh.
Tom: Throughout the day I kept overhearing him telling it to other people.
Me: Did they get it?
Tom: No. They kept saying, "It'll be done tomorrow? Really? Does Todd know?"

[For some reason, whenever I take a picture of Tom, his eyes are closed.]


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?