Tuesday, September 12, 2006


Drinks with Lacy.

Lacy and I have both done promotional work in the past (although not at the same time). She talked about her stint as an Axe Bodyspray Girl.

Lacy: Basically, I'd have to go up to men on the street, ask if I could spray Axe on them. If they let me, I was supposed to lean in really close and smell them. Then I'd say, "This smells really good on you. I've smelled a lot of guys with this stuff but it seems to really work with your body chemistry." Then I'd pause. "You know, I'm not supposed to do this, but could I give you my number? I get off work at 5. You could call me then." I'd write down this number I had to memorize and when the guys called it they'd get this recorded message saying, "Congratulations! You're an Axe Man!" [laughing] It was horrible.

[To Lacy's left is a Chicago Reader article about how even the actors at some of Chicago's biggest theaters are struggling to get by on what little they are paid.]

Comments:
Great. I just got served papers for breach of industry marketing secrets by Unilever.

I would also like to add, as a footnote regarding the oddities of the workplace: that job paid $300 a day for a 4-hour shift.
 
But at what price, Lacy? At what price?
 
For $300 for four hours a day, I'd smell a bunch of asshole's necks and hit on them. I'd be Axe Woman, no problem.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?