Thursday, August 31, 2006


I sat down today and wrote out a list of all the jobs I've had. Put together, it makes for a largely aimless and unimpressive job path. Less than a year ago I was hanging out in malls, dressed in a giant ear costume. I still get e-mails asking if I want to pick up more shifts as a giant ear.

I've led a directionless life, and worked some shitty jobs... but I've got at least 13 and a half interesting stories. More, actually, because I just realized I forgot to include the One Hour Photo Lab on my list.


Comments:
"I still get e-mails asking if I want to pick up more shifts as a giant ear"--Dear Arnie, thank you for this sentence. I just read your entire break-up blog in one sitting and just want to know: what's more directionless, dressing up like a giant ear or reading obsessively about someone who used to dress up as a giant ear?
 
Alice, as you know, when I wrote Clean Room, I meant working in a super-sterile manufacturing enviroment. Dressed as a Giant Ear.
 
Cutco! Like the knives? Did you saw a coke can in half to impress your friends and family? Did it work?

AL
 
I used to sell Cutco. Those are the best knives, I still have mine.

The best story I had was when I was demonstrating some knives to a lady, and her young annoying son came up, picked up one of the knives, and ran his finger across the serrated edge. He's bleeding all over the place, and his mom just sat there and said, "See what happens when you don't do what Mommy says"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?