Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Like I said, the project is ending.

Amanda: [seeming genuinely sad] So, I'm going to have to fire you soon. I've been putting it off.
Me: I know. Is today my last day, then?
Amanda: No. Not today. That wouldn't be fair.
Me: Well, you know... when you know....
Amanda: You're really going to miss me.
Me: Sure.
Amanda: That's why we need to get you back if we can. Because you'll miss me so much.
Me: I definitely want to come back.
Amanda: What will you miss the most about me?
Me: Uh...
Amanda: The yelling?
Me: Maybe the yelling.

Just to play it safe, I sent a copy of the above transcript to Amanda via e-mail to make sure she was okay with me posting it. That led to the following conversation on IM.

Amanda: no no no. it makes me sound cavalier about your contract ending. which i'm not. who SAYS that to someone ending a contract?
Me: you do and it's funny.
Amanda: i'm SUCH an ass.
Me: if it weren't funny i would have cried.

At this point Amanda leaned her head out of her door and yelled across the office at me, "Really? You would have cried?"

Comments:
Such an adorable glare you're getting there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?