Sunday, July 15, 2007


Job #13: Charter School Teacher (cont.)

As I mentioned before, when I started teaching at the charter school, there were only three teachers returning from the year before. Not a good sign, but the administration promised, "We're going to do everything we can to keep everybody this year."

I took this picture of the World History Teacher at the end of the year. He's reading an e-mail from the administration telling all the teachers they have to reapply for their jobs. And they'd be notified mid-summer whether their reapplication had been accepted or not.

As the final days of the school year ticked by, the students, most with unstable home lives (if they had home lives at all) would ask, "Are you going to be here next year?"

"I don't know yet, " I lied.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?